In our school we try to be as active as possible. We encourage the children and staff to be physically active and teach the children about the importance of same. As well as the 1 hour of P.E. taught to the children every week, there are several other active initiatives in the school including:
- 10@10: whole school does 10 exercises for 10 minutes once a month.
- Active Homework: daily component of homework for all children.
- Active Board: children’s active achievements are displayed.
- Visiting Coaches: GAA and Hockey skills are taught regularly.
- Active Week: taster session in various sports and ’Sports for All Day’.
- Movement: incorporated daily into many classroom activities.